Is Fido out of breath? Has Molly misplaced her waist? Dull or dry coat? Behaving badly? See positive changes through increased exercise, proper nutrition, & improved dietary habits!

We take a whole body & mind approach to achieving Total Fitness in the Urban Dog. We use positive training methods to keep our dogs happy and relaxed and to make everything fun. Even a hard workout!

Get involved with Marathon Paws as we participate in community events or post important information relating to the canine athlete or canine couch potato on our blog! Fill out our polls and comment often. Let us know how to make this site work for you.


Wednesday, July 4, 2007

My DOG was STOLEN tonight!!!!














Hey everyone,

Tonight, after watching John Cougar perform with the Pops my dog was stolen after I tied her to the fence outside of a Walgreens. I went in for 5 minutes and came out to find her gone. I immediately began to scream her name and tell everyone what happened. I called 911, flagged down a policeman and then while he was driving around I ran to the police station where another policeman drove me around. A gentleman saw Bella being dragged into an apartment and flagged down the police car. She was returned to me.... and seems to have suffered little emotional scarring from the incident. The couple was arrested and I have pressed charges. The important lesson here is to avoid leaving your dog alone outside...even 5 minutes is too long. I am very very lucky. Now, she is asleep on my feet and I no longer have a taste for that popcorn I needed so badly a couple of hours ago and bought at Walgreens. It seems far less important.

Take care of your dogs and be careful out there.

Michele and Bella

No comments: