Is Fido out of breath? Has Molly misplaced her waist? Dull or dry coat? Behaving badly? See positive changes through increased exercise, proper nutrition, & improved dietary habits!

We take a whole body & mind approach to achieving Total Fitness in the Urban Dog. We use positive training methods to keep our dogs happy and relaxed and to make everything fun. Even a hard workout!

Get involved with Marathon Paws as we participate in community events or post important information relating to the canine athlete or canine couch potato on our blog! Fill out our polls and comment often. Let us know how to make this site work for you.


Monday, September 10, 2007

For some of us, Autumn is descending

The temps are starting to lower in the Northeast and I find myself grabbing a jacket on my way out the door for Bella's first and last walks of the day. This time of year is my favorite for those long nature excursions.

When the weather is hot I love to take my dog to White's Pond up in the Sudbury/Concord area. In the fall however, I want lingering strolls under canopies of colored tree branches and vast expanses of rolling hills with lots of space for my pooch to run and play.

It's finally cooling down enough so that our dogs are less at risk of summertime ailments like heatstroke but still keep an eye out for muscular tears, broken bones and abraded paws. Dogs will sometimes push themselves too hard and after a summer of 85+ degree days.... the cooler temps will have them thinking they are invincible and able to run a marathon!

I would love for everyone to write in and post a comment with their favorite fall walks/runs/trips so we can share them with all the readers! Take care everyone and enjoy the weather!

No comments: